A lot of users face blurry image issues while clicking photos in hurry. There are also times when you download any image from the internet that appears blurry and you might not be able to use it anywhere. Thankfully, there are methods that will help you to unblur an image on Windows, Mac, iPhone, or Android. You can use a lot of software as well as Online tools that will help you to overcome the blurry image problem.
Images have become a very important part of the internet. Let it be Digital Ads, Social Media Posts, or Blog Articles, Images play an important role when it comes to visualizing things. Even though Digital Cameras are known to click professional photographs, With the rise of the Smartphone industry, Smartphone cameras also became smart and Today using these Digital Smartphone cameras, anyone can become a professional photographer in no time. Thanks to the various modes, Filters, and third-party software that helps the content creators to edit their photos.
However, A lot of the times, many content creators and photographers face issues like Camera clicking blurry images, Images too smooth, or other photography issues, Today, in this article, We will help you to learn how to unblur an image on different devices and using various tools.
- 1 Unblur an Image
- 2 Method 1: Use Photoshop
- 3 Method 2: Using Microsoft Paint
- 4 Method 3: Unblur the Blurry images using Snapseed
- 5 Method 4: Unblur an image using Adobe Lightroom
- 6 Method 5: Fix Blurry images using GIMP
- 7 Method 6: Unblur an Image Online
- 8 Summary!
Unblur an Image
Though some silly mistakes might ruin your perfect shot image and make them appear blurry. There are many tools that will help you to get rid of this blurry image effect and give you a sharp and clean image. Below we are mentioning a few such tools and software that are paid as well as free for changing your photo from blurry to unblurry.
Method 1: Use Photoshop
If you are a designer or a normal college guy then you must have heard about Photoshop, which is called the best photo editing software for PC. The software is developed by Adobe Corporations and is widely used by Illustrators and Graphic Designers from all over the World.
Photoshop makes your life easy with hundreds of Image editing and filtering options to shape your image in Any Size, Color, Pattern, or Design. The software is also known to offer several tools that you can use to unblur images on Photoshop. Below we are mentioning the Popular way that almost all Graphic Designers use to unblur an image on Photoshop.
Steps to Unblur an image using Adobe Photoshop
Step 1: Start Adobe Photoshop on your system and head over to File >> Open. Select the image from the options and click the open button on the popup screen. Similarly, You can also drag and drop the image in photoshop directly.
Step 2: Duplicate the Layer and select the newly created image layer.
Step 3: Click Filter >> Other >> High Pass and set the Radius Value to 10 Pixels.
Step 4: Right-click the layer and select Blending Options. Under General Blending, click Blending mode and select Hard Light from the option.
Method 2: Using Microsoft Paint
Microsoft Paint is a free and widely used Photo editing software that comes pre-packaged with your Windows Operating System. The Program is known to help you with some basic photo editing tools and filters. Thankfully, Microsoft Paint can also help you to remove any blurry effect from your Photo. Follow these steps.
- Launch the Paint Application on your Windows PC and click the File >> Open option to open the desired image.
- Once the image is available in Paint, Click the Image Layer and select Duplicate click the Adjust button which will open a new Popup Window.
- Adjust the “Radius”, “Clipping”, and Strength of the image until the blurry effect is gone. You might have to experiment with different settings until you find the perfect one to unblur your photo.
- Adjust your image opacity by using the slider bar to 60-70%.
- Finally, Click on the Layer Selection on Merge and on Merge All Flatten to get the sharp image output.
Method 3: Unblur the Blurry images using Snapseed
This method is useful for Android and iOS users as Snapseed is a mobile photo editing app. Snapseed is one of the top 3 photo editing apps on both Operating systems. The app is free to download and you can visit the Play store link to download for android or iTunes link for iPhone users.
Once you have successfully downloaded the app on your device, the next step is to launch the app and follow these steps.
Once you have launched the Snapseed app, Go to Upload files and choose the blurry image that you want to unblur on Android or iOS.
- Select the Details option from the menu.
- Choose Sharpener >> unblur
- Swift left to increase the sharpener and right to decrease it.
- Finally, Choose Structure >> Show more details.
- Save your image.
Method 4: Unblur an image using Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is another Photo editing tool developed by Adobe Corporation. The tool is a part of the Creative Cloud suite offered by the Company. If you have the Creative Cloud Subscription or access to this tool then you can use it to unblur your images. It doesn’t require advanced knowledge and anyone can fix blurry images by following these simple steps.
- Open Adobe Lightroom and go to the Develop Module. Import your Image by clicking File >> Open.
- Look for the Sharpening slider under the Detail panel. Move it to the right or left to sharpen or blur the image according to your preference.
- You have to try multiple times before getting your final result. Once the result is generated, Save the image and use it on your blog or Social Media.
Method 5: Fix Blurry images using GIMP
If you are into designing then you must have heard about the tool named GIMP. It is a free and open-source Photo editing Software that can work as a Photoshop alternative. The tool offers you various options and add-ons which helps you to edit photos in a professional way. It is one of the few tools using which you can edit DDS files. However, It also helps many Graphic designers and photographers to fix their blurry images and sharpen them.
If you have not downloaded the software yet then we suggest you click this download link to get your copy of GIMP. Once you have successfully installed the program, Follow these steps to unblur an image using GIMP.
- Launch GIMP Photo editor program on your system.
- Click File >> Open, Select the blurry images and import it.
- From the Toolbox panel, Select the “Blur/Sharpen” tool.
- Adjust the sharpness or blur of the image by dragging the bar to the left or right.
- You can also sharpen/blur a specific part of an image.
- Once done, Save the image and export it.
Method 6: Unblur an Image Online
If you are not someone who is into Designing or Photography then it might be hard for you to get all the software that is mentioned. Luckily, there are many websites where you can unblur blurry images online for free.
One of the popular tools to unblur an image is pinetools. The website offers you free online tools to deblur an image without any designing or technical knowledge. You can visit pinetools.com and select the Sharpen Image tool from the left pane. Click the Choose File button and upload your blurry image. Finally, Click the Sharpen button and wait until the process is completed.
These are the tools that will help you to unblur an image online or offline. If this article helped you to correct your blurry image then let us know which method worked for you. It is also recommended to try out the online tools to unblur your images.
Try avoiding clicking blurry images in the first place. If you are clicking the photos on Android or iOS then we suggest you try some third-party camera apps that will help you to solve the problem of the blurry image.