You can often witness a heated discussion of this or that iPhone error on various techno forums. Basically, there are tips from people who know little about technology but are always ready to do a disservice. However, you can also meet really knowledgeable technogeeks who share their experience with other people. In any case, you should not risk your iPhone and look for help on the forums, it is better to turn to Howly – real experts in the field of modern technologies.
Howly.com is an online consultation and troubleshooting service for broken or malfunctioning phones, computers, tablets, electrical appliances, and more. Certified experts will answer all your questions and solve any problem through live chat or remote connection to your damaged iPhone. In the meantime, check what breakdowns can happen to your device, what their causes are, and how to fix them.
iPhone does not charge
This is the most common issue not only for the iPhone but for all smartphones. There are several reasons for the problem, as well as solutions:
- The charging cable is defective. Cables often break, so do not rule out the possibility that even a new cable might be defective. In this case, replace it.
- The charger is defective. It may fail due to power surges, so you should replace the device.
- You are using an uncertified cable. iPhone may not charge if the cable does not have a special MFI certification or is of poor quality. Change the cable to the original one.
- Dirt in the charging port. This is a perpetual problem for all iPhones. The good thing is that you can fix it yourself in a few minutes. You just need to gently clean it with tweezers or a dry cotton swab.
- The charging port is damaged. It sometimes happens if you use a low-quality charger or drop your iPhone. In this case, it is worth replacing the charging port.
- Malfunctioning of the synchronization controller. The failure lies in the motherboard, so its full replacement is required.
iPhone keeps restarting
This error usually indicates that an iOS update was performed incorrectly. The problem disappears after installing the new update. Also, the problem may lie in processor damage, battery breakdown, and failure of the synchronization controller. To determine the exact cause of frequent reboots, contact Howly for diagnostics.
A speaker is not working/sounds distorted
If you cannot hear sound when listening to music or the sound seems distorted, the problem may lie in:
- Dirt accumulations. Over time, speakers just get clogged with dirt and dust and require cleaning. The procedure is carried out in a couple of minutes, using tweezers and special sticks.
- Breakdown of the audio codec. If your iPhone worked fine and then abruptly stopped playing sound, the problem may lie in the damage to the audio codec due to the fall of the phone. In this case, you should replace the component.
iPhone turns off in the cold
If you go outside in winter and your phone suddenly turns off, there is no need to worry. iPhones tend to turn off at sub-zero temperatures. Apple warned about this problem, and there’s no way to fix it, but you can protect the device from overcooling by using a case made from leather, durable plastic/silicone, or fabric.
Apps keep closing
This can happen to any application at any time. The reason most often lies in:
- Lack of RAM. If you have launched several games, social networks, and also want to open the camera while using an older iPhone, it simply cannot withstand such a load and closes the program.
- Software failure. Restart/Update your iPhone – this usually helps.
- A defective version of iOS. This also happens. You can simply restore the previous version of iOS or wait for a new update.
We have described the most common problems with iPhones. Contact Howly for any other phone or app issues, and they will resolve your problem quickly and easily!