Things get really tricky for beginners who are new to SEO. Learning and understanding SEO is essential to increase traffic and brand awareness. Google uses an algorithm that uses 200+ ranking reasons to rank content in the search results. So, acquiring knowledge about advanced SEO will generate traffic, get more leads, and make you an SEO expert.
Doing SEO on your own isn’t so difficult and you can do it in some simple and easy steps. However, there are many best SEO companies that offer various SEO services at a reasonable price.
Billions of people use Google to search, daily. You can help them find the relevant content and piece of information and divert them to your website by mastering a few SEO techniques. In this article, we are going to tell you the five best-advanced SEO tips and techniques for beginners.
Update Google My Business listing
In the pursuit of developing local search, Google is constantly adding new features to Google My Business. As a beginner, listing your business on GMB can help you get founded in your local area.
Some main ranking factors of GMB are Google posts, Google Q&A, images, and customer reviews. Some of the businesses also like to optimize their GMB signals that help them stay ahead of their competitors.
Some tips for using GMB effectively are:
- Use Google posts- You must be active on social media like Facebook and Twitter. Similarly, use Google posts too. Post regularly and do not forget to add engaging calls to action to initiate conversations.
- Upload and update regularly- Upload content regularly in your Google My Business listing and update images too. You can now add videos to it too.
- Fill in all the categories- GMB gets constantly updated with new categories. If you have not logged into your profile for a few weeks, you will find a lot of empty fields. That is why fill in all the categories regularly and do not leave any vacant.
- Leverage Reviews- Reviews are and always will be an important part of business reputation and relevance. Always ask your customers to leave feedback after they try your product or service.
Prioritize User Experience (UX)
Great User Experience (UX) is the key to rank your website higher in Google search results.
While figuring out how to improve search engine performance and update your site, you must prioritize what your users want. If your site is hard to navigate, unfriendly for users, visually unappealing, you will not reach your SEO performance goals.
If you are unable to keep users on your site, then expecting the search engines to help your site be viewed properly is worthless. This SEO technique is extremely important for eCommerce websites.
If your website is user-friendly and navigating through it is easier, it is convenient for users to find and purchase products. Multiple factors influence user experience as well as conversion rates.
Prioritize your mobile site
Hopefully, you are aware of Google’s migration to mobile-first indexing that was announced recently.
First of all, when mobile-first indexing is considered, you don’t need a flawless site for mobile to claim your spot in the SERPs. Secondly, you should not totally avoid SEO for your desktop site because of mobile-first indexing.
Some points to remember:
- If you have both the desktop and mobile versions of your website, the latter will get more preference than the former. It will rank higher than the desktop one and there is nothing you can do about it.
- You should build a responsive site if you know your audience uses mobile more. Well, having a responsive site is extremely important to become popular among both desktop and mobile users.
- Create content for mobile. In other words, avoid any formats that can cause trouble while loading on mobile devices.
Optimize for Speed
In 2018, mobile page speed became an official ranking factor. The most preferable speed at which a website should respond is 1 to 3 seconds. If it takes more time than this, users generally exit from it. You must be aware of the fact that the longer the user stays on your website, the more chances your website has to be viewed in SERPs.
Google tools such as PageSpeed Insights, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project, Test My Site, etc., can help you improve your page speed.
Make sure your posts are of apt length
Posting quality content is a priority in SEO but the length of the content plays an important role too.
According to a study conducted by Backlinko, the posts that appeared on the first Google search results page approximately had 1890 words. In-depth blogs cover most of the topics relevant to the user’s search as well as popular keywords. This helps those blogs rank higher than the shorter ones.
While creating blog content for your website, aim for 1000 to 3000 words. This doesn’t mean that adding a few hundred words to your blog will increase its ranking. Remember, quality is the priority, right?
After going through all the 5 tips and techniques mentioned above, you must have realized that SEO isn’t that difficult to learn. No matter how great your content is, all goes in vain without proper SEO. All these tips are tested and proven to be beneficial for your website and make a real difference in ranking and bringing traffic to your website.